Facebook Turns 10 Years Old, And Mark Has A Gift For You – Thanks Zuck!
We have just celebrated Facebook’s 10 birthday and in true Zuckerberg style, he wants to say thanks to you all by inviting you to star in your own short movie. Well not exactly, but they have developed a very cool ‘back in time’ clip that will certainly make you smile.
Click on: http://facebook.com/lookback
To celebrate 10 amazing years of the world’s most loved (and addictive) company, we have compiled 10 amazing facts you will love.
1. Co-founder, chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is 29 years old and has a net worth of $19bn as of September 2013, according to Forbes
2. Half of all Facebook users have more than 200 friends
3. 380,870,942 likes for the top page on Facebook (do you know which one?)
4. 556m people access Facebook via their smartphone or tablet everyday
5. 6,337 employees and counting. Who needs a job?
6. After Google, today facebook is the most visited site in the world. It boasts 1.23 billion active members every month – roughly one sixth of the world’s population
7. Facebook floated on the Nasdaq stock exchange two years ago, with an initial valuation of $104bn dollars. Since then, the company’s value has risen to $134bn and in 2013 made $1.5bn profit, up from just $53m in 2012
8. Mark Zuckerberg isn’t the only Facebook billionaire. Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin and Sean Parker are all living the dream as billionaires. COO Sheryl Sandberg is also a billionaire with the rise of the company’s shares.
9. One law firm claims that Facebook is cited as a source of evidence in one third of divorce cases. Go figure!
10. In September last year, Facebook revealed that users upload 3.5 million photographs to the site every day and in total Facebook stores 250 billion images. Holy cow that’s a lot of selfies!
Well done Facebook, can’t live with you, can’t live without you. Here’s to another 10 great years and beyond.
Poke ya later!