Curcumin: Is This The New Health Wonder-Product? It Might Just Be
It’s obvious when you speak to Resh Randhawa from Sanita Health & Wellbeing that despite being extremely knowledgeable about the products they sell, she is also living proof of the wonder they claim they provide. A beautiful soul both inside and out, Resh’s wellness business has grown exponentially into one of the leading wellness companies in Australia. With thousands of customers in Australia (and around the region), their products have touched the lives of so many people and Resh’s personal touch has helped turn this brand into a true Australian success story.
We managed to find some time to sit down with this bubbly entrepreneur to talk about her new product Curcumin. Here’s what she had to say..
Turmeric has been traditionally used in Ayurveda background for thousands of years and is now taking the western world by storm. Why is this so?
Turmeric has received a lot of press lately and its popularity has been spreading very quickly in recent years. It’s been acclaimed for its ability to reduce inflammation, boost the body’s antioxidant systems and improve cognitive functioning.
It’s often said, ‘Nature knows best’ and turmeric is just that, nature at its best. This ancient and versatile powerful spice that been used for centuries in Ayurveda (a 5,000 year old natural healing medicinal system in India) and in Chinese medicine due to its medicinal properties. Historically, naturopaths and eastern medicine practitioners have prescribed this spice to reduce inflammation, joint problems, treat digestive disorders and liver problems, treat skin diseases and improve wound healing.
The incredible array of health benefits that is offered by this ancient spice has natural health advocates and medical researchers alike spellbound.
Can you explain to our readers the difference between Turmeric and Curcumin?
The two words, Turmeric / Curcumin are sometimes used interchangeably but there is a technical difference between the two.
Turmeric : is the yellowish powder, the cooking spice used to flavour food which comes from the rhizome (root) of the Curcuma longa plant.
Curcumin : is the principal bright yellow, medicinal compound (which is carefully extracted) present in the spice turmeric, known to have the natural anti-inflammatories. The key to turmeric’s healing power is the principle bio-active compound, Curcumin.
Turmeric contains only 3-5% curcumin or another way of putting it is, 100 grams of turmeric only contains 3 grams of Curcumin. Laboratory studies have demonstrated that Curcumin is a potent antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory agent holding some profound healing benefits for the entire body. Nearly 7,000 scientific articles have been published evaluating its effectiveness. So, taking a powdered turmeric product means that you will need to take a significant amount to obtain an effective dose of curcumin.
While turmeric is excellent when used as a spice, a curcumin extract is a better choice for health benefits.
For our readers who are not familiar with Curcumin, can you provide its health benefits?
Curcumin holds an impressive spectrum of easily demonstrated health benefits. It is a potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and a near-perfect “whole-system modulator”—it leverages its many talents to reorganize and rejuvenate cells and tissues on every level, and actually “teaches” the body how to take better care of itself.
1. INFLAMMATION FIGHTING – ARTHRITIS RELIEF Inflammation has been found to be associated with just about every health condition. Curcumin’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties are multi-faceted and work on various levels to reduce inflammation. Clinical trials have shown osteoarthritis patients receiving 1200mg curcumin for 14 days, had up to 50 per cent less pain and experienced increased mobility. In addition curcumin has shown to lower the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation.
2. BOOSTS BODY’S ANTIOXIDANT SYSTEMS As an antioxidant, studies have shown curcumin to be at least 10 times more active than Vitamin E. Curcumin has also been shown to stimulate production of superoxide dismutase, glutathione reductase, and glutathione-s-transferase, our body’s three primary “super antioxidant” enzymes.
3. NATURE’S BRAIN PROTECTING MIRACLE – IMPROVES BRAIN FUNCTION Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and endocrine-balancing actions—benefit the brain just as much as the rest of the body. Studies conducted at the Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, researches assessed the mental effects of curcumin supplementation after one hour, three hours, and four weeks. They conducted multiple tests to determine whether the participants had any mood, cognitive, or blood marker effects that might indicate curcumin’s immediate or long-term effects. In just one hour after taking the supplement the participants showed significant performance improvement on memory and attention tasks compared to the placebo group.
4. HELP FOR DEPRESSION It is widely thought that lack of serotonin causes depression. Dopamine has been shown to have more of a motivational effect on the brain. Curcumin possess antidepressant activity through increasing serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.
5. REDUCE RISK OF DIABETES Insulin resistance afflicts many and recent trials have shown that supplementation with curcumin may help slow progression of insulin resistance to diabetes via curcumin’s anti-inflammatory action/
6. REDUCE RISK OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE A low incidence risk of Alzheimer’s disease in India could be attributed to many factors. However, is it a coincidence that turmeric spice is widely used in cooking in this part of the world? There is growing evidence that curcumin may play a role in protecting against the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. This is because Curcumin is a potent neuroprotective agent and it’s been shown to be a highly effective treatment for inflammation driven neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s.
7. REDUCE RISK OF HEART DISEASE Cardiovascular disease is caused by atherosclerotic plaque build-up or high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. This plaque build-up leads to blood clots being formed and when a single clot breaks off from arterial walls and travels to the brain or heart, it can cause a stroke or heart attack. Curcumin seems to help clamp down on blocked arteries in three ways: curbing inflammation-induced damage to the lining of the arteries, lowering blood cholesterol and regulating blood platelet production (think thinner, less clot prone blood). These positive effects may be due to curcumin’s antioxidant action or may also be influenced by curcumin’s protective action on the liver.
8 POSSIBLE REDUCTION IN RISK OF CANCER There is a proliferation of research in relation to curcumin’s role in reducing the risk of cancers. Aside from decreasing inflammation, it appears curcumin may play an important role in inhibiting the multiplication of cancer cells. Studies conducted at the Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide have pinpointed that curcumin has anti-carcinogenic properties and being a vital ingredient in the fight against deadly mesothelioma (an aggressive cancer caused by the inhalation of asbestos).
9. AGING Curcumin’s antioxidant properties are thought to slow the ageing process through the reduction of stress.
10. HELPS WITH HEALTHY LIVER FUNCTION Curcumin stimulates the gall bladder and helps to increase the flow of bile in the body. Because bile helps to break down dietary fat, experts believe this improves digestion and may help control weight.
What made you launch this product?
With the science and research building around curcumin and with consumer awareness, we decided to launch this product with the focus of delivering a high quality curcumin as a functional food with enhanced bioavailability 46x stronger over standard curcumin. Most adults like the idea of getting naturally occurring health benefits from food. Turmeric/curcumin also benefits from being a member of the polyphenol category and turmeric/curcumin has long played a role in Ayurvedic medicine dating back centuries.
Can you tell us a little about your Curcumin and why should anyone try SANITA’s Curcumin?
Curcumin generally has poor bio-availability and poor absorption, however SANITA’s Curcumin ingredient demonstrates superior bio-availability of curcuminoids and is highly potent. It is backed by clinical trial by the University of Tampa and Increnovo LLC (* University of Tampa and Increnovo.Jäger et al. Nutritional Journal 2014 13:11) showing more bio-availability and absorption of total curcuminoids, forty six times over other enhanced curcumin ingredients. This ensures optimum effectiveness in the body plus its super rich in antioxidants and a powerful anti-inflammatory.
There’s no doubt, curcumin has made its mark as a versatile nutritional supplement used to manage an ever growing range of ailments. Known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, SANITA’s Curcumin offers an array of health benefits in joint, heart, cognition and immune function just to name a few.
Are there any customer stories you can share that will turn the biggest skeptic?
Below are just a few:
I ordered Sanita’s curcumin powder. This product is great because I was having a lot of joint pain and verything I tried did nothing, but this product really works within a few days of using it. I noticed my joint pain has eased considerably and I feel that it will go away completely. I will continue to take this the rest of my life. Love it!! …. Denish K. (NSW)
I love SANITA’s curcumin! And also the Aloe Vera Drinking Gel with Manuka Honey and Spirulina. I take these every day and feel great. My energy level is really very high now. …. Catherine E (Central Coast, NSW)
I am very pleased with SANITA’s curcumin. I’m not one to write reviews but since taking this curcumin, I feel an ease in my joint pain around my knuckles. It really has started feeling good again in my hands. I have just ordered my second jar and I’m going to continue taking this as I truly think that this is ‘GOLD’ in a jar. I would encourage anyone who is sceptical about trying natural remedies, to give this a go!…… Gabby R. (Mittagong, NSW).
SANITA’s turmeric extract took about a month to get into my system but now it’s almost a magic feeling! I don’t have the constant ache I had for 2 years. Thank you SANITA!…. Loi K. C. (Victoria)
This is a fantastic product. It has helped my dull aching arthritic hips. All the pain has totally went away within the first week. At the end of my 2nd jar, I neglected to re-order and I find my hips are giving me discomfort again. I have just placed an order again and am not going to stop taking this product….. Michael S. (Adelaide,SA)
What’s new on the horizon for your business?
We are staying committed to our passion by introducing more nutraceutical products that have a focus on wellbeing as well as more curcumin based products with other high quality various added ingredients. Additionally we are also about to launch our new clinically proven flagship herb of Ayurveda, Ashwaghanda powder KSM-66. This herb has been known for centuries but is only now experiencing major growth worldwide because of a burst of recent studies in pharmacology. Its main feature benefits are to promote a healthy response to everyday stress and fatigue, help support normal levels of mental clarity, concentration and alertness, help support normal levels of vigour and performance & to enhance sports performance. Stay tuned for more!
Where can our readers buy your Curcumin and can you offer any specials to our readers?
Our curcumin can be ordered via our online store: www.sanitawellbeing.com
We are aware that your readers are all over the globe. We will gladly waive shipping charges to all your readers wherever they order from. All they need to mention is your magazine Living360 ……. to receive free delivery.
#Ayurveda #Health360 #Curcumin #Wellness #Supplement #Tumeric